Sunday, February 12, 2012

Do any one know of a really good hair product to promote hair growth, by the way I'm African American?

Help growth and shedding.Do any one know of a really good hair product to promote hair growth, by the way I'm African American?
Hi Im half Black but have the same hair issues. My hair was very damaged from perming and I wanted to go all natural. I had terrible problems with breakage and shedding.

What helped me was mostly taking my time with my hair. On my wash days I was extra careful to comb out out all the knots and tangles BEFORE washing.

Every night I made sure to spend 20-25 minutes carefully combing and oiling my hair and scalp..No more quick (damaging) comb outs! I also braid my hair nightly and wrap it in a silky scarf. I also NEVER pull it into tight buns or tight ponytails.

I also made sure to snip my ends monthly or as I noticed splitting.

Before long I noticed less snapping cause I was taking my time. My hair over two years grew very long. My hair is natural and mid back length.

I used the following line products and they are cheap and easy to find

---%26gt; heres my favorite everyday hair oil. http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.j

And this product I love for days when I want to wear my hair down ---%26gt; http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.j



Good luck to you, it's not so much the products you use but being CONSISTENT in the care of your hair. Every little bit you don't break off adds up to inches! of growth.Do any one know of a really good hair product to promote hair growth, by the way I'm African American?
Aphoghee, CPR by motions, and there are lots of products specifically for African American Hair.
Theres a hairgrowth oil which made a difference in about 2 weeks for me.

one of my african-american friends tried it and hers grew noticeably in about a month, I'd say- but hers wasnt growing in quite a while, and she was happy about it.

Something used by geisha- all natural
length and strength from garnier Fructice. It should keep your hair from breaking apart and help fast forward the growing process
motions line of hair care products is really good and africans best maximum strength super grow hair and scalp conditioner its also really good u can find both st dollar general or walmart or sally's beauty supply
I use THERAPRO products. There are a lot of different products from shamppo and conditioner to hair growth pills. It can only be purchased at beauty supply stores... or try EBAY.
There's really no cure all to hair growth/shedding. BUt one culprit could be your relaxer. Are you using a mild one? Or one that has too much lye? Here's a few tips:



1. Use a milder relaxer, and try to go about 8 weeks between them. (Cream of Nature is a good one)

2. Have a healthy diet. Loads of junk food and not enough water can affect your hair growth and shine.

3. It doesnt really matter what kind of shampoo you use - but use a good conditioner. Nexxus is a pretty good brand.

4. Since relaxers dry out the hair, be sure to keep your hair hydrated. Use a good (but light) hair oil, like Natural Oasis, Amla, or even that ';Olive Oil'; hair spray. That's a good one.

5. Keep your hair trimmed regularly. Split ends can travel from the bottom of your hair shaft to the top - causing breakage. Trim when you get your relaxer touch-ups.

6. One thing I'm trying right now is the Nail, Hair, Skin herbal suppliments from ';Solgar'. Its supposed to make your hair grow. I'll have to post again if I see any changes. Its organic and all natural.

7. Many people believe that the herbal suppliment Biotin can help with hair/nail growth. But it casuses acne when you take high doses - so be careful if you go this route.

8. Try not to put too much heat on your hair (i.e., if you go to Dominican hair salons that do roller wraps and put you under the dryer and then blow dry you too).

9. Try not to blow dry your hair - it not only dries the hair out, but it breaks off the edges of your hair.

10. Some hair shedding is normal - like when you see long strands of your hair fall out. We shed over 100 strands of hair a day. Be worried if you see the small little pieces come out - that means they broke off the hair shaft, and you may have split ends.



Hope this helps. I'm black by the way - so I feel your pain with the hair issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment